27th of January, 10:00 – 15:00 CET
The AvioCore4.0 project will organise the workshop with the support of APPAU, the Association of Industrial Automation of Ukraine to:
- Discuss with the key stakeholders the prospects of establishing in Ukraine a German-Ukrainian Centre of Excellence (CoE) in digitisation research for the manufacturing industry.
- Analyse the overall digitalisation landscape of the Ukrainian manufacturing industry and post-war recovery trends.
- Identify specific digitalisation needs and challenges of Ukrainian digitalisation leaders to convert them into R&D business cases for the future CoE.
In summary, the CoE’s R&I activities will address the Industry 4.0 technology needs of the Ukrainian manufacturing industry in such solutions as digital twins, visual assistance and inspection systems, optical 3D inline metrology, advanced collaborative robotics and others. It is expected that collaborative research, development and implementation of industry-driven technologies and innovations will improve the Ukrainian companies’ efficiency, flexibility and resilience, strengthening their competitiveness in the global market and bringing benefits to the Ukrainian economy.
Join the workshop to express your vision of Industry4.0 prospects in Ukraine and learn about opportunities to collaborate with the CoE and its partners.
Session 1: Prospects of German-Ukrainian Core of Excellence in digitisation research for the manufacturing industry (10:00 – 12:00)
- AvioCore4.0 initiative presentation (Kay Matzner, Fraunhofer-IFF)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation: R&D directions and achievements relevant to Industry4.0:
- Industrial Metrology and Digital Assistance Systems (Dr. Dirk Berndt, Fraunhofer-IFF)
- Robotics Systems (Dr. José Saenz, Fraunhofer-IFF)
- National Aerospace University “KhAI”: R&D directions and achievements relevant to Industry4.0 (Prof. Vyacheslav Kharchenko, National Aerospace University “KhAI”)
- Overview of the Industry 4.0 landscape of Ukraine with a focus on post-war recovery trends (Alexandre Yurchak, Association of Industrial Automation of Ukraine (APPAU))
Session 2: Discussion of digitalisation needs and challenges of the Ukrainian manufacturing industry (13:00 – 15:00)
- Presentations of Ukrainian manufacturers implementing Industry 4.0 concerning their achievements, needs and challenges (6 slots x 15 min, Speakers – directors or managers from IT-Enterprise, Metinvest Digtial, Interpipe, Techinservice, Ukrainian weight company, FED)
- Discussion and wrap-up
About the AvioCore4.0 project
The AvioCore4.0 project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) in the frame of the German-Ukrainian Cores of Excellence programme.
During the proposal preparation, the overall goal of the AvioCore4.0 initiative was formulated as establishing in Kharkiv (Ukraine) an autonomous German-Ukrainian Core of Excellence (CoE) in digitisation research for the aviation industry. Considering the damages caused by the Russian aggression on Ukraine’s economy, the AvioCore4.0 project scope was expanded to the whole manufacturing industry with a focus on production processes.
Now the AvioCore4.0 team is focused on the development of a viable concept for the long-term, sustainable and efficient operation of the CoE to be co-established by the Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation and the National Aerospace University “KhAI” as a virtual organisation in 2023 and deployed in Kharkiv (Ukraine) in full swing after Ukraine’s victory.